The only thing we’re missing is you
Help us create success that really matters for Canadians.
Our work helps turn investors’ dreams into reality. It can do the same for the career you’ve always wanted but never quite found. Yet.
We’re a tight-knit, collaborative team that gets out of bed each day ready to rise to the standards we set for ourselves and lead the way on how a modern investment firm can think, work and grow together.
“True success is measured by how happy you are. Achieving personal goals and building healthy relationships are the vehicles that take you there.”
Linda Pauderis — Talent Manager
“I love that there is never a shortage of opportunities to learn new aspects of the business. Every new situation I encounter gives me a chance to improve as a professional.”
Justin Nelson — Senior Financial Analyst
- Technology (2)
- Marketing (2)
- Sales (1)
As a UI/UX Designer, reporting to our Creative Director, you will be a key part of our Customer Experience team, working on key initiatives around developing a better user experience using insights from our clients.
At Purpose Investments, we’re trying to change our industry, and are looking for a talented UX/UI Designer who can bring their passion for building digital products to our team. Do you know all the financial and investment collateral that you’re so used to seeing? The bland, boring, and uninspiring work, that is the furthest thing from good design. Well, we want ours to be the opposite of that. We want our digital touchpoints to be as user-friendly, seamless and customer-centric, as we’d want for ourselves. We’re trying to raise the bar higher.
We want you to be proud of the work you do each day. There’s a lot of work to be done, and we’re looking for someone to work alongside our Creative Director, channeling our CEO’s vision, and bringing our story to life in a creative way. The opportunity is there. It’s your job to seize it.
As a UX/UI Designer you’ll be:
- Influencing and designing the user experience of Purpose’s brands for all our digital products.
- A part of a fully engaged multidisciplinary team of designers, developers, marketers and business intelligence professionals, continuing to move Purpose forward.
- Participating in brainstorm sessions and working on projects from concept to completion.
- Continuously work with the design system patterns, test, update and evolve them
- Use participatory and iterative design techniques including observational studies, user interviews, usability testing, and other forms of qualitative and quantitative research to uncover insights, learn about user behavior and verify design concepts
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented;
- Attend and facilitate review meetings and demos
- Questioning everything, while pushing for strong design in each execution.
- Collaborating with and supporting internal teams and departments with their needs.
Senior Full Stack Developer
You have spent countless hours over the years learning the academics and practical skills to be a great developer. Coding for you is a passion and shockingly people are willing to pay you to do it! You are lazy and never do anything more than once, it is always scripted or you build a robot, that’s how you roll. At Purpose, we encourage everyone to trust themselves and embrace who they are.
Everyone in the team is an integral contributor to our products, working with our customers to design the best solutions. Our open work culture provides the opportunity for you to contribute to all aspects of our technology: data engineering, cutting edge front-end experiences, developing new APIs, integrating event queues for 3rd party SaaS services, all under a 24/7 cloud service deployed platform.
As a key member of our team, you will collaborate with your colleagues to design, develop and deploy the technology platform for a wide breadth of innovative financial and investment products.
What You Will Do:
- Develop customer solutions through collaboration with our product, data science, and customer experience experts
- Have the opportunity to own and drive solutions to customer problems
- Write secure code for APIs, frontend, backend, web, mobile, partner integration
- Solve interesting problems and integrate with partner development teams
- Deliver using agile, test-driven design methodology
- Learn and adapt technologies to real problems