Purpose Investments Inc. and Purpose Investment Partners Inc. (collectively referred to as “Purpose”) is committed to meeting the needs of its employees and customers with disabilities and fulfilling its current and ongoing obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (“AODA”).
This Multi-Year Accessibility Plan, together with the Accessible Customer Service Policy and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Policy, were developed in accordance with the requirements set out by AODA.
This plan outlines the steps and actions that Purpose has taken and has planned for the future to achieve accessibility goals. It will be reviewed and updated as needed every 5 years.
|Standard/Requirement||Actions Taken||Actions to be Taken||Customer service||• Development of the Accessible Customer Service Policy, which is available on the Purpose website.|
• Employees who interact directly with clients and visitors are trained and familiar with various assistive devices.
• Clients who are accompanied by a registered service animal or support person are accommodated and permitted access to our premises.
• Communication supports and accessible format documents can be provided to clients upon request.
• In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or office facilities, every reasonable effort will be made to provide adequate notice to clients with disabilities.
• Feedback can be provided via the Purpose website or by email, phone, or letter.
|N/A||Information and communication||• Communication supports and accessible format documents can be provided to clients upon request, at no extra cost above what is charged to others.|
• All web content on the Purpose website conforms with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (“WCAG”) 2.0 Level AA.
• Development of the Integrated Accessibility Standards Policy, which is available on the Purpose website.
|N/A||Employment||• Applicants will be informed of the availability of accommodation for disabilities during the hiring process.|
• Employees are informed of the availability of accessible supports and individual accommodation plan.
• Development of a documented process for the creation of individual accommodation plans for employees for disabilities.
• Development of a documented return to work process for employees who have been absent from due to a disability and require disability-related accommodations in order to return to work.
• Emergency information can be provided to employees in an accessible format when requested.
• Development of a process to prepare emergency evacuation plans for employees that require accommodation.
• The accessibility needs of employees, and as applicable, individual accommodation plans, are taken into account in our performance management, career development, and advancement processes.
|N/A||Training||• All current employees of Purpose have been trained on the Accessible Customer Service Policy and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Policy. The same training is provided to new employees as soon as practicable upon the start of their employment with Purpose.|
• A record of the training materials and who has been trained will be maintained.
|• Update training for employees as required.|
If you have any questions about this policy or would like to provide feedback on this policy, please contact:
130 Adelaide St. West, Suite 3100 P.O. Box 109 Toronto, ON M5H 3P5
Feedback can also be provided on our website. Contact us