Purpose Investments Inc. and Purpose Investment Partners Inc. (collectively referred to as “Purpose”) is committed to meeting its current and ongoing obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (“AODA”).
Purpose understands that obligations under the AODA does not replace or limit its obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code (“Code”) and works together with the Code.
The objective of this policy is to outline Purpose’s commitment to excellence in serving all of its customers including people with disabilities. Our accessible customer service policy is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity for people with disabilities.
This policy governs the provision of services by Purpose.
Purpose is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities and we will carry out our functions and responsibilities in the following areas:
• Communication: We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability. We will train staff who communicate with customers on how to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
• Telephone services: We are committed to providing fully accessible telephone service to our customers. We will train staff to communicate with customers over the telephone in clear and plain language and to speak clearly and slowly. We will offer to communicate with customers by email, teletypewriter (“TTY”), and other services which may become available if telephone communication is not suitable to their communication needs or is not available.
• Assistive devices: We are committed to serving people with disabilities who use assistive devices to obtain, use or benefit from our services. We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by individuals with disabilities while accessing our services.
• Use of registered service animals and support persons: Purpose welcomes people who are accompanied by a registered service animal or support person to our premises. At no time will we prevent a visitor from having access to their registered service animal or support person while on our premises.
• Documents and statements: We are committed to providing accessible documents and statements to all of our customers. For this reason, documents and statements will be provided in alternate formats upon request. We will answer any questions customers may have about the content of a document or statement in person, by telephone or e-mail.
If you are scheduled to visit the Purpose office and require accommodation and/or will be visiting with a registered service animal or support person, please contact the Purpose employee that you are meeting. We will make every reasonable effort to coordinate your visit to accommodate your needs.
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, Purpose will notify customers promptly. This notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available. While we cannot provide the same guarantee in emergency temporary disruption situations, every reasonable effort will be made to give adequate notice.
Purpose will provide accessible customer service training to all employees. This training will be provided as soon as practicable to new employees after starting their employment with Purpose.
Training will include:
• The purpose of AODA and the requirements of the customer service standard
• Purpose’s policies related to the customer service standard
• How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
• How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or support person
• What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty accessing Purpose’s services
Employees will also be trained when changes are made to Purpose’s accessible customer service policies.
Purpose welcomes feedback on how we provide accessible customer service. Customer feedback helps us identify barriers and respond to concerns. If you have any questions about this policy or any feedback, please contact:
130 Adelaide St. West, Suite 3100 P.O. Box 109 Toronto, ON M5H 3P5
Feedback can also be provided on our website. Contact us